A payment processing fee of 5% plus $0.50 per item* applies to each online payment through Permission Click, plus applicable taxes for Canadian accounts (GST/HST applied only to the Permission Click service component of the online fee)
There Are Three Common Approaches To Manage Fees. Below are examples for each approach where the school is collecting $10 for a Museum Field Trip in Canada.
1. You can set the 'Parent Pays' price to include fees
- Set the 'You Collect' field to $10. This will automatically set the 'Parent Pays' field to $10.91.
- You will collect $10 for each item sold, which goes directly into your bank account
2. You can pass fees on to purchaser
- Set the 'You Collect' to $10. Go into the ticket settings gear and select 'pass fees on to parent'. This will show parents the $10 charge, and breaks out fees and any applicable taxes, resulting in the final 'Parent Pays' price of $10.91.
3. You can absorb fees
- Set the 'Parent Pays' to $10. This will automatically set the 'You Collect' value to $9.15.
- You will receive $9.15 for each item sold, which goes directly into your bank account.
See below for more detailed explanation of each example:
Option 1 - Set 'Parent Pays' price inclusive of fees (Most Common):
You may choose to build the processing fees into your pricing. All respondents will pay the same amount regardless of their chosen payment method (online or by cash or cheque). This encourages your respondents to pay online and reduces the opportunity for theft and/or payment tracking errors.
When setting up your payment option, first enter the cost in the 'You Collect' field. In the 'Parent Pays' box, the system will then auto-calculate the amount parents will pay inclusive of processing fees:
Note: Parents will not see what 'You Collect'. They will only see the 'Parent Pays' amount when completing the form. Below is an example of what the parents will see when selecting one ticket to the museum.
Note: Processing fees do not apply to cash/cheque payments. Many clients use the surplus from manual payments to cover outstanding payments that take place throughout the year.
Option 2: Pass Fees on to Purchaser
You may choose to charge different prices based payment method.
This option will break down the fees clearly for those wishing to pay online. Those that wish to pay by cash or cheque will pay the subtotal listed. Those that prefer to pay online will pay the added processing fees.
Option 3: You Can Absorb Fees
Your school or organization may opt to cover the cost of the processing fees.
When setting up your payment option, first enter the cost in 'Parent Pays'. In the 'You Collect' box, the system will then auto-calculate what you will net on the order after processing fees:
On the parent side, they will only see the amount owed: